Tuesday, April 29, 2008

dead (surely part 1 of... god knows how many)

We had a meeting this morning, about what's what and what we're trying to accomplish and all that. This is the second of such meetings. Every tuesday morning, for breakfast.

I have been in the shop for four and a half hours. I've eaten two sandwiches, a granola bar, a bag of chips and a small cracker barrel cheese stick.

I have had two people come in the shop. I have had zero paying customers.

I had a pretty damn good day yesterday.

I'm about to slit my wrists.

On top of all this, I had an art deal I was putting through. I am selling a piece I don't want to sell, unless it's for a specific amount of money. Well, I got an offer yesterday that was very, very good. I accepted the offer. Today I get an email from some... god, I wish I could really curse on this blog.

I got an email from the man whose offer I accepted, his 'ASSociate." Telling me that there had been a mistake, and he was using his friend to make offers (shady, already) and he'd meant his friend to make an offer on a different piece, same character, same artist, different owner.

It's a piece of comic book art, btw.

Well, I went to look at the piece, and the offer he'd made me, for the piece he wants, is insulting. It's a cover grade ink drawing with paint, super detailed. So, what a whole joke this thing turned out to be. Now I'm stuck here, having made no money, either at the shop or personally, and I am in such a bad mood, I can't even begin to tell you.

I am so disappointed and mad, I can't even watch this terrible Buffy series. Or write. Or read.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Now, if you know what that's from, we can be friends.

No cheating.

No comments: