Wednesday, June 11, 2008

hulu

Not sure if anyone knows about Hulu but they have some great streaming media, including movies and television shows, and now full episodes of The Daily Show and Colbert Report.

So there you have it.

Here's a funny exchange I'm having with someone on reddit.com.

Subject question: Could an American please explain to me what the likelihood of Bush getting impeached is?

thread starter: Is it a realistic possibility or is there not likely to be any action taken with the election coming up so soon?

someone else: I am not American, but as far as I remember, there were two or three another attempts in the past. All failed.

thread starter: This is why I am so confused when reddit goes crazy everytime the word impeach is mentioned. If there's no realistic possibility then why do we even try?

me - I think you misunderestimate the American people. (for the life of me, I cannot understand why I still get a red line under 'misunderestimate' on firefox... like it's spelled incorrectly. pshhh.)

my nemesis - Maybe because the word doesn't exist?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/misunderestimate

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misunderestimate

me - (whispering) do a google search (/whispering)

my nemesis - Just because a word can be found on google doesn't mean it exists.

me - Ok, seriously, are you even remotely joking? "Misunderestimate" is a word our President used during a press conference. This is a thread on impeaching the President. It was a play on words. Why I have to explain this to someone when I told them to google the word is beyond me, but there you go.

my nemesis - The idea that you were using it in this meaning crossed my mind, but the rational part of it refused to believe it. I beg your forgiveness for being rational. And your joke was poor.

me - how about I forgive you for not having a sense of humor. Nice backpeddling, btw.

---------

These people are unreal. I'm not sure how you can go from correctly my spelling to saying "Oh, yeah, I thought it might have been a joke."

It's one of the reasons why nothing will never, ever ever never ever never get solved on the internet. Can't wait to update you on more back and forth backpeddling from my nemesis.

No comments: