Monday, June 16, 2008

Stan Winston

You might not recognize the name... it's understandable. I'm a movie fan, I watch the credits, I pay attention to who's responsible for the creation of... well, christ, in Stan's case, pretty much everything.

He died yesterday. Don't have much information on how, but it's a dark day for Hollywood.

Here's my tribute to Stan Winston, who provided me with so much entertainment over the years, I cannot even begin to tell you how much he affected my creative side.











And much more.

He was the driving force behind all of the creativity in these films. He designed the creatures. He was the flip side to Jim Henson. He'll be sorely missed.

If you want to learn more about him, here's his studio website.

Goodbye Stan. Thank you for everything.

No comments: