Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3am sucks

so, I haven't touched on my anxiety problem at all on this thing. well, here's the once over.

quick like.

Started almost ten years ago. was bad, got better, got worse, and now it's a daily constant battle. not on meds, had a problem with some of them. want to try and fight it on my own.

woke up tonight at 3am and I couldn't feel my legs. or, I should say, I could feel my legs. and they felt weird. not like pins and needles weird, but just weird, and it's usually one of two things. a) a low blood sugar attack. b) anxiety masking as a low blood sugar attack.

it's usually almost always b.

so I'm up. wide awake. and I remembered that blogcatalog resident crotchety old man wakes up in the middle of the night, so I thought I would commiserate for a little bit.

Here's to the group of us that don't remember what a good night sleep feels like.

J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:-( Anxiety disorders truly and fully blow.

Da Old Man said...

That was you I passed in the hallway?

I wasn't sure.

3 a.m. TV is nothing but Extenz and Girls Gone Wild video commecials. As if I don't feel bad enough about being awake while the rest of the world is blissfully sleeping.