Saturday, May 24, 2008

zz top and torture

My upstairs neighbor has a really good sense of humor. Or he's a severe asshole.

It is 9:44 and this will be the fourth time I'm listening to Sharp Dressed Man.

Now, either he's trying to make a funny video of himself in clothes he thinks are sharp, or he's doing lines of coke off some girl's ass, over and over.

Or he's going the Morrison route and will drink Jack Daniels to death.

Suffice it to say... I'm feeling slightly put out. This is not the first time he's blasted music before, and it's early. I'm 34, I'm not 70 and trying to sleep.

Last time, it was 3am and he woke me up. Funny story, here, all about it.

After that, they only cursory hello me, maybe a nod. I'm the bad guy, again, in this backwards burg.

So, while I'm stuck here, one of the ways I get by is by watching movies. You've heard and heard and heard... yes, for god sake, I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv series... quick review.

Season 1 - a joke.

Season 2 - better.

Season 3 - awesome.

Season 4 - awesome, bad season finale.

Season 5 - not bad... but some stretching.

Season 6 - quality is getting worse.

Watching the evolution and de-evolution of the series is interesting. After season 4, they had to start giving the characters different things to get upset about, to rectify story arcs. And what they did was blur the rationale of the characters to develop drama.

Never a good thing.

So, this evening, after my sister had already had dinner and my mom didn't want to leave the house, I went across the street to this place across the street, Mixers, a bar with food. Brought my L.A. Confidential book with me, ipod, cell phone, and had chicken wings and a cheeseburger.

Am I gaining weight? Go soak your head.

Anyway.

I come back home, stop off, get some olives, wine, cheese.

And go to Blockbuster.

Now, normally, I'm not a chain consumer kind of guy, but since I'm in podunk, I have no choice. Target, K-Mart, Walmart, Publix... I seem trapped in consumer hell.

Blockbuster has a 3 for $20 deal on previously viewed movies.

I loaded up.

Superbad - saw it already, awesome.
Sweeney Todd - Eh, it's Burton and Depp. Can't be awful.
Planet Terror - saw it already, awesome. new stuff on the dvd.
Rescue Dawn - Christian Bale and Steve Zahn. Vietnam. Base on a true story. So there.
Walk Hard - This has GOT to be funny.
Sunshine - saw this with Karen at the Sunshine Theater in NYC. Awesome.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - could be worse...
Alien Vs Predator: Requiem - I heard ok things about this, and I'm a fan of both, so...
American Gangster - Two great stars, one great director... had to give it a go.

So, there you go.

My girl's feeling a bit down tonight. I feel bad that I'm not there to cheer her up, so I asked her to do something for me. And I'm asking you too, dear reader.

Take a piece of paper, get a pen, crayon, lipstick, whatever.

And draw me your dream home. Two views. Front and birds eye view (without the roof).

Let me see what you got in mind for your cool home, inside and out.

I'm drawing mine, but I can't find a place for my death ray.

J

1 comment:

McCafferty Himself said...

There was a day when I could listen to ZZ's Sharp Dressed Man four times in a row, but not any more.

Now you have made me think. I should get some ZZ on my blog at McCafferty‘s Pub. But not today. Maybe manana.

Thanks for stopping by my place. Now that you know the way, don't be a stranger. I'll keep a cold one on tap for you.